March of Dimes 2017

Monday, January 19, 2009

Have a broken heart?

Hi everyone! This is my congenital heart defect blog! Do you know what a congenital heart defect is? Let me explain. It is the number 1 birth defect. 1 in 100 births result in congenital heart defects, and there is no known cause. It is a silent killer. What is a congenital heart defect?
Congenital heart defects are structural problems with the heart present at birth. They result when a mishap occurs during heart development soon after conception and often before the mother is aware that she is pregnant. Defects range in severity from simple problems, such as "holes" between chambers of the heart, to very severe malformations, such as complete absence of one or more chambers or valves. (information obtained from American heart association)

#1 Cause of death under the age of 1
There are 35 types of congenital heart defects




12 Canadians are born each day with a congenital heart defect

180,000 The estimated number of Canadian adults and children with CHD. Many babies go home undiagnosed, only to die silently in their cribs. The lucky ones get diagnosed as adults. The teen that collapses on the basket ball court from heart problems may have had an undiagnosed congenital heart defect. While autism is a new diagnosis in kids, it is still more visible then congenital heart defects. a Congenital heart defects have less funding for research than pediatric cancers and pediatric aids. Congenital heart defects have less celebrity attention than pediatric cancer which means less "LOUD" exposure. What is "LOUD" exposure. Let's face it, when you have Robin Williams pitching for your cause, you stand up and notice.

There is hope, there is something you can do. Congenital heart defect day is Feb 14th. You can tell one person what a congenital heart defect is. If you tell one person, they can tell one person and so on. You get the drill. In Illinois, it is a national day, in other places it is a week. My theory is every day is learn about congenital hearts day. We can never do too much for our small brave heros. They are the true heros as well as the moms, dads and grandparents who take care of them. Learn about congenital heart defects and spread the word. Abby has a congenital heart defect. Let's talk!

3 comments:

  1. First, let me say WELCOME! I realize you're not new to the internet.

    Secondly, thank you for bringing this to light. It's something I hear about now and again, but I haven't stumbled upon a blog about it.

    Thirdly, you're right about Robin Williams! He'll definitely get the message out there and make people ask, "say what?" "Patch Adams" -- great flick and portrayal by Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am giving this blog the Lemonade award. Check it out on my site http://creativephototreasures.com/awards/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, fatigue, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete