March of Dimes 2017

Thursday, September 8, 2011

My heart kid

It's hard to believe that Abby will be 13 officially in October. We had a splash station party for her in August. Splash station is a water park. It rained that day so they had to shut the park down, so they didn't get to play too much, but everyone said they all had fun. Abby needs to write thank you notes for her gifts.

It's amazing, it feels like just yesterday I was crying my eyes out for my beautiful teen. She was on life support for two months. And yes, I make sure people know what a rough start Abby has had. Abby has her moments, but she is a great kid, and a very loving kind girl. She hasn't had it easy like some kids, and worked alot harder to do things, unlike Becca. Don't misunderstand me, Becca didn't have it so smooth either, but she didn't have 3 open heart surgeries and a palate surgery like Abby.

Abby is in 7th grade, and so far so good. She's a big bike rider, and I want that for her, she's not lazy by any means. Of course unless it's her bedroom. That's another topic for another day. She loves her sister, and treats Sparky, our puppy beagle, like a baby too. Abby desperately wanted a baby brother, but I was too overweight, and too old. So we had to settle for Sparky. We love Sparky...when he's not in the garbage.

Abby takes her own medicine, and is more mature then last year. I'm almost saddened she's growing up, but she is beautiful. Did I say she was kind and beautiful. I'm at a loss for what to get her for Christmas. She just might get that cell phone. Boys haven't started to call yet. I hope I have a few more years. Well that's all for now. We will go for another heart check in November or December. Everything so far has been great. I will post some info on Hypoplastic heart syndrome for those who don't know what it is. I haven't posted on this blog very much, but I will.

Until next time.

Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment