March of Dimes 2017

Sunday, June 15, 2014

We recently had another holter monitor test for Abby.  No call from the cardiologist, so I am assuming all is good.  Any heart moms out there reading this blog.  It has been a while since I blogged.  My heart kid, Abigail or Abby is 15 yrs old now.  She has HLHS, and while she is limited in activities, she is quite creative.   I'd love to get together with some heart moms who have kids around Abby's age.  I am going to publish this blog in hopes of a get together.  I am also going to post information about congenital heart defects as I have promised so many times before.

For all you heart moms, while Abby is 15, I do know some of what you are going through.  I hope you know you have a shoulder to cry on if necessary, and an extra ear for listening.  Lets' talk, share our experiences, stories and tears together.


Abby's progress:  While Abby fatigues more than that of the usual teenager, she is fearless.  There is nothing she won't try, and don't try and tell her she is still a child.  She loves the stories from Hetalia, and will tell you she doesn't like her sister (but in fact she loves her, she'll never admit it to you though)  Temperamental while charitable and thoughtful are some of Abbys' characteristics that come to mind.  She is an avid writer, even though with her motor skills it proves difficult, Abby is quite the story teller.  I hope one day she is a number 1 best selling author.  I believe with all my heart she can do it.

Abby loves animals and loves our dog Sparky.  Abby volunteers at the animal shelter once a week with her best friend Jana.  Very much girls, my two daughters couldn't be more opposite.  Abby loves the mall and to shop, and my Becky, may love the mall, but hates to shop.

This summer will be without summer or drama camp due to my work schedule and mileage on my car.  Instead I am hoping to get a family membership at the YMCA and do some swimming.  Abby loves the sun, summer, and swimming.  Swimming lessons are in order for both girls as well as other activities and splash station.

While Abby fatigues easily, she is my night owl.  And congratulations to Abby, she is becoming a reader ( I hope)  We are both reading Divergent.  Divergent is the book highschoolers have to read over the summer.

That is my update on my highschooler, and heart kid.  Until next time.

Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment